Monday, September 24, 2007

You Know What They Say About Four-Letter F-Words...

A loving God would not allow this. We are (apparently; I found out from the site) in the year of the pig. The Southern Foodways Alliance is holding its annual symposium in Oxford, MS. With a focus on the pig. Because it's the year of the pig, get it? It's October 25-28, with a Delta Divertissment (pre-symposium bus ride and bonuses) that includes a whole-pig demo. And I've asked off for the prior weekend because I have a wedding in the family.

Of course it isn't financially feasible, and the Divertissement is really small, so it's probably sold out, and Honey would not be pleased to see me go away for the long weekend, what with the conflicting hours and all. And I could show up early at work one Pig Day (they happen every couple of weeks or so) and piss off chef with a thousand questions and petulant demands for cut-by-cut commentary. But Alice Waters will be there (More on the Chez Panisse Café Cookbook later). And Anne Quatrano. And Shirley Corriher. And Eddie Hernandez. And other names and profiles that make me stomp my foot like a child and declare, at two in the morning in a full apartment building, "It's not fair!"

Teaser: The Chez Panisse Café Cookbook is good. Real good. Come back in 24 hours to find out how good. Also, I have milk in my fridge. Raw milk. How ever shall I use it?

Resources:
1. Southern Foodways Alliance.
2. Blindly trust me, and buy it before I tell you how good it is.

No comments: