Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Culinary Milestone

Tonight I ground 119 pounds of pork. Then I went upstairs and finished the cure on some coppa and seasoned it with Spanish spices. Meanwhile, chef seasoned two lomos, and the sauté cook wrapped them while chef cured two bellies. Our sausage guy showed up as we were working on our projects, and watched us make 72 pounds of the pork into sausage.

I now have a theory that Christ was mis-transcribed when he said "The poor will always be among us." I think he really said "The pork will always be among us."

Do I care that it's a cheesy joke? No.

In a shoutout to my friends: tonight I quantified the amounts of seasonings for the coppa. Generally we eyeball it, but I wanted something more reliable. And so tonight I say: SCIENCE!

It works, bitches.

2 comments:

DV said...

I may have to come in soon and consume some of this delicious pork.

epicure said...

I'd hurry. Check the new post.