Monday, March 03, 2008

What I learned today:

Focaccia does not take kindly to nearly doubling its cooking time. I can, however, run in my clogs without spraining my ankle.

I sent Honey to the UK yesterday and went to work on a grand total of 5 hours sleep. I'm definitely feeling less than awesome.

But tomorrow? Tomorrow, I start planting my garden proper. Somewhere there are pictures of seedlings, and when I find them, I post them.


And there's apparently a 150-page state health code that I have yet to read. I just started a very cool novel that I need to finish by the end of the week. I don't feel like adding 150 pages to my workload, but I need to learn it eventually, right?

Finally, the breakfast sausage recipe in Charcuterie is pretty durn tasty. We had roughly 15 people consume 5 pounds of pork at family meal today. I can't wait till my sage plants yield leaves though: dry stuff is OK, but I love the flavor of fresh sage. And it never occurred to me that ginger was a normal flavor in breakfast sausage until the oven cook guessed what I was making from the ginger alone.

No comments: